Jordan Valley Parents, Guardians and Group Homes:
Nominate Your Favorite for the Teacher of the Year
Give your teacher the best Valentine ever! Nominate your favorite teacher for our school’s Teacher of the Year award. The winning teacher will receive prizes from local businesses, a surprise announcement and a banner with the teacher’s name posted in our school. The winners will be recognized at the April 22 Canyons Board of Education Reception and Honors Ceremony as well as May 17 at Real Salt Lake halftime program. Our Teacher of the Year will also have an opportunity as Canyons School District Teacher of the Year, which comes with additional prizes that include Board of Education Recognitions at the Sept. 10 Apex Awards, and an entry into the Utah Teacher of the Year contest.
Here’s how you can get involved:
1. Download the two nomination forms from the following links Certified Teacher Nomination Form, ESP Nomination Form. There are Certified Teacher of the year and ESP (para-educator) of the year forms available. Please feel free to nominate an educator from each area.
- Certified Teacher of the year nomination: Lead teachers in the classrooms and related services (Speech-Language, PT, OT, etc.)
- ESP of the year nomination: Assistants in the classroom and assistants to related services (para-educator).
2. Fill out, print and submit the form to the front office at Jordan Valley byMarch 1, 2014. The PTA will choose two of the parent nominees and submit them to the School Selection Committee.
3. Watch for information on the March 28 Teacher of the Year surprise announcement.
Thank you for giving our outstanding teachers some love!
Jordan Valley School